Friday, December 19, 2008

i know a friend who has already signed a contract for next yr's accommodation and i was like.. damn. i haven't even found a place! so yeah. went browsing for a few hours. the ones in the city centre were all unfurnished, and those which were furnished are WAAAYYY over my budget. Students usually get houses further away from town, and MUCH farther away from the uni. I've read that the students were complaining about how early they hafta get up to catch the bus, and how it'd always be full, and sometimes even having to walk. im like. its so FRIGGIN FAR! so yeah. almost gave up when TADAAAAAA! i found this one site where it has these 2 houses which is in between the uni and the town centre. (i guess u can say the uni is in the countryside, 2 miles away from the city centre) yay! they didn't state whether it's furnished so i emailed them awaiting their reply. one house is like a MANSION! I'm serious. frigging lawa with a pond and electric gates. its expensive i know but *almost* worth it. so I'm hoping against hope I'll get the 2nd house. if i do get it, I'll post a picture of it. dowan to jinx my luck! huhu. well after finding the place, it brings me to my second obstacle. who to move in with. Ive got so many people i just want to stuff them all in, but duh' they'd never allow it. I'd hafta choose who i wanna be with.

i remember when i got my uni offers, i really wanted to come to bath cause there were so few malaysians here(or so i thought). but now that most of my friends are malaysians (most - not all - brit students here tend to stick to their kind. cant blame them), i like having them around. they somehow remind me of family and friends back home. but having close international friends has its perks. u get to broaden ur horizons, get to know other cultures, *insert more here*. well yeah. while I'm here, that should be what I'm aiming for and not keep to what gives me comfort. guess u can say do things that brings me out of my elements.

so who do i chose? to be with my good friends but limiting my contacts with other people or (feels like) abandoning them and broaden my horizon. i hate choosing. and i know Ive always been the type to stick to one person like glue. ever since kindergarten. i like it. gives me security. wont let me feel left out. its hard to back away from that.... but then again. just because i live with malaysians doesn't mean i cant have other friends. right??.. well, that's true except that the chances of me going out and REALLY mingle with other non malaysians falls to prolly about 0.001%.... like now. 99.99% of the time id be out having fun with be it post grads, grads, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th years... they're malaysians. don't get me wrong. i have a total BLAST with them. the food. the company. the jokes. i love. but but.. I'm not making FULL use of the fact that I'm abroad. (unrelated :i love travelling with them. BEST! we're planning to go to thorpe park, swindon again, in malaysia going to genting and pulau redang. hee hee hee... and many more :P)

i can think of friends who aren't malaysians and who are my classmates who might consider moving in with me (all are guys. LOL). it'd be so cool living with them! nawaaz. shoan. ian. james. ryo. but but but. I'd miss b and joe!

argghhh....
i hate this feeling
why cant they just bloody let us stay here? Eeeee!!!

kawa Boo! blogged at 6:34 pm

Comments: Post a Comment