Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I've always liked my design classes ever since I first got to Bath, but in the end never thought of taking it since it's so bloody hard to score! And so, for my 2 final years in Uni, I was planning on taking Aerospace Engineering just because of all the *theoretical* classes I had, I loved thermofluids the most. Just by doing one of their experimentation on aerofoils, I totally knew I was hooked. I even had arguments with mama (not fights k. arguments) about it. She was telling me about all the people she knew who took Aerospace end up not having work in their fields. But I was pretty sure the word "mechanical engineering" would be in my masters and so there shouldn't be any problems with job prospectives in Malaysia. Later on I found out though, that it wasn't. And since I only had 7 courses to choose from, it wasn't that hard to narrow it down to 2.

It was down to either Pure 'Mechanical Engineering' or 'Mechanical Engineering with Advanced Design and Innovation'. I checked out their units and I found out that pure Mech is 100% exam based where as for Design, it's only 50% and the remaining is coursework. All my life, it's been exams, exams and exams. Ever since I started having course works, I found out that I enjoy them so much more than just studying! But then again, I knew I didn't score well for my design classes for the past two years. I was torn *omg dramatic nyer*. I don't want to be doing something I love and end up failing! Where's the point in that. And so with doubt in my heart, *ok, cheesy. I know. I'm just happy. Shush!* I called Mama. (lol)

Luckily she just finished her class and we got to talk. I just found out that there are classes that I can attend back home during summer, to help me improve in all those skills that the brits here managed to get during their college. I was THRILLED! And so had the impulse to just blog. And now I need to go get ready and race to campus where I hafta hand in my form to change my course for next year.

Woot! Woot!! Okay. I'm going. I love my mom <3 Woohoo!! MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!

kawa Boo! blogged at 10:31 am

Comments: Post a Comment